How Does it Work?
Be the Change you want to see...
Frequently Asked Questions...
Is my donation to 100 Women tax-deductible?
Yes. The total amount you donate is tax-deductible. Your taxable income is reduced by the amount you donate to 100 Women and other charities. You will be emailed a receipt automatically when you donate. Don’t forget to file it safely for tax time.
Can men join 100 Women as a member?
Of course! We welcome anyone who supports the vision of 100 Women and have a diverse network of philanthropists in our community. We are gender-wise with our funding - not our membership.
Why does 100 Women only give grants to women and girls?
100 Women has been inspired by the book, Half the Sky. Atrocities against women and girls are still occurring every day – domestic violence, forced prostitution, death in child birth and denial of education. 100 Women will enable everyday people to be involved in creating a world where all women and girls can live safely with access to health, education and economic freedom. Investment in women and girls is backed by sound evidence. Just some outcomes include:
- An extra year of primary school boosts girls’ productivity and eventual wages by 10 to 20%(1).
- Women, the main caretakers of their children, tend to reinvest on average 90% of what they earn into their families compared to a 30-40% reinvestment rate for men (2).
- Over the past four decades, the global increase in women’s education has prevented more than four million child deaths (3).
- With seven years of education, a girl marries on average four years later and has 2.2 fewer children(4).
- Educated women experience less violence, and educated girls are less likely to undergo female genital mutilation – or subject their daughters to it (5).
What does it mean to be a member?
Your donation will be pooled with that of the other members and used to make high-impact grants. Since 2021 we have raised almost $1 million. Grant recipients are collectively chosen by members and every member who has paid their donation (minimum $300 per year) will have a vote in the selection process as well as receiving other member benefits. Through 100 Women you can make a meaningful difference through collective giving.
What are the different member levels and benefits?
100 Women believe that anyone can be a philanthropist. That's why we don't differentiate member benefits based on amount donated. There are three Membership levels: $25 per month/$300 a year $50 per month/$600 a year $100 per month/$1200 a year or you can pay more if you wish. Our major member benefit is having the opportunity to vote on which projects you would like to receive funding. ‘One member, one vote’ applies to all membership levels when choosing who will receive the grants. More member benefits are listed on our membership page. Would you like to commit to your 100 Women membership for 2 years? Then please contact us via email.
Can I pay my membership in installments?
Yes, you can choose to make monthly payments or annual payments when you sign up.